Therefore, I decided to do away with the daily porridge dinner and tried cooking something different in hope that her appetite will increase.
Bought couscous some time back but yet to have the chance to try it. Heard it takes a short time to be cooked, which means I can whipped out something for LO fast once I am back from work.
For the uninitiated, couscous is closely related to pasta, as durum wheat, ground into semolina flour, is the same type of wheat that is most commonly used for making pasta. So it is actually a differnt type of grain, but is rich in protein.
Preparing couscous can be quick and easy. It can be added to a pot of boiling water or stock, the pot is then covered and the water is absorbed into the couscous in about five minutes.
Butter (unsalted) or Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic (sliced)
Choice of vegetables (I used spinach & pumpkin)
Salmon (Diced) or Chicken if you prefer
1 cup pork bones Stock
Melted cheese (Optional)
1) Add butter or olive oil once the saucepan is heated up
2) Sautéed garlic til golden brown
3) Add in salmon and stir
4) Add in vegetables and cheese and continue to stir
5) Add in couscous and stir to coat
6) Pour in the stock slowly while continue to stir the couscous to coat it with the stock
7) Bring to a boil
8) Reduce heat to lowest setting
9) Cover and cook until the stock is being absorbed by the couscous
10) Fluff with a fork to separate the grains
11) Ready to be served