Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cheesy avocado oats

I love love love avocado because it is one of the superfoods -  a wonderful "good fat" food for a baby's brain and physical development. Yes! It is FULL of fats! Do not worry that it is too fatty because babies requires fat in their diet for proper growth and brain development.

I try to give avocado on a daily basis because LO starts to lose her baby fats as she grew taller.So I try to plump her up whenever possible.



Ingredients 
1/2 ripe avocado
1 cube cream cheese (Kiri Brand)
2 scoops oats cereal
30ml fm

Preparation
Melt the cheese and set aside
Mashed the avocado 
Add in the oats and fm and stir
Add in the cheese and stir
Ready to serve

I usually only cut the avocado into half without breaking the skin, so that I can keep the skin intact as a whole when I keep the other half of it.I then scoop out half of it to feed.
To store, I sealed in in a zip lock bag or airtight container and keep in it in the fridge's chiller department.
This way, the other half will remain fresh when LO eats it the next day.
Keeping it with the seed n covering it will prevent it from turning brown too fast.
Do select only the ones with blackish skin if you wanna eat on that day.Green is unripe.
If unfortunately your avocado is too ripe, try to eat within that day. Or you can keep in the fridge to delay it from rotting.


No comments:

Post a Comment